1947 Diamond T emblem.
The Diamond T was an American automobile manufactured in Chicago from 1905 until 1911. It was a powerful touring car (models up to 70 hp were available); the company later became known for its trucks. By 1967, as a subsidiary of White Motor Company, it was merged with Reo Motor Company to become Diamond Reo Trucks, Inc.
During World War 2, Diamond T produced a classic heavy truck in the 980/981, a prime mover which was quickly snapped up by the British Purchasing Commission for duty as a tank transporter tractor. Coupled with a Rogers trailer, the Diamond T gave sterling service with the British Army in North Africa, where it's power and rugged construction allowed the rescue of damaged tanks in the most demanding of conditions, often under enemy fire.
The "T" is remembered with great affection by all who drove it and many preserved examples still appear at truck rallies in Britain, where those classic 1940s lines still draw the crowds.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.