Eisenacher Motoren-Werke (EMW) was a Formula One constructor in 1953.
EMW was an East German manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles based in Eisenach. After WW2 one of the BMW factories was located in the eastern sector and was taken over by the Soviets. The factory continued producing cars and motorcycles under the BMW name, but after a lawsuit in 1952 they had to change the name to EMW instead.
The logotype was also similar, but instead of the blue BMW used, EMW used red. Later the automobile section of EMW became VEB Automobilwerk Eisenach and build the Wartburg. The motorcycle section became AWO and later Simson.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.