Henry Meadows Limited logo.
Henry Meadows Limited was founded in 1920 to manufacture high quality 3 speed gearboxes for cars at their Park Lane works. The company soon grew and in 1922 added petrol engines to the product range and began to supply many famous manufacturers including Lagonda, Invicta, Lea Francis, Bean and Frazer-Nash.
Just before the Second World War the company started to experiment with diesel engines and in 1947 produced a range of diesel units for use in vehicles.
Meadows also worked jointly with D. Wickham & Company Limited, of Ware, to produce diesel engines for railway locomotives.
The Factory expanded with the opening of a new works in Cannock Road, next to the existing factory.
The site now covered over 14 acres and the company employed more than 1,200 people, but were eventually taken over to become part of the Associated British Engineering Company.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.