Angus Sanderson logo.
The Angus-Sanderson was an English automobile manufactured fom 1919 to 1927.
In concept it was something like the Bean and Cubitt; the idea was that one model would be mass-produced, as Ford had done so successfully. The car was an assembly of proprietary parts, containing as it had a 2.3-liter engine from Tylor, a gearbox and rear axle by Wrigley, Woodhead springs, and Goodyear wheels.
Approximately 3000 cars were produced but the car was expensive at £575. The company was refinanced as Angus Sanderson (1921) ltd and moved production from Birtley, County Durham to Hendon, Middlesex in 1921 and toyed with the idea of building a smaller 8hp car in 1925; neither of these actions nor a price reduction to £365 staved off the inevitable, and the company folded for good in 1927.
(text source: Wikipedia)
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.