Established in 1889, Panhard & Levassor was the first automobile manufacturing company. Having acquired French rights to the Daimler engine, the engineers Panhard et Levassor built their first car in 1891. The last Panhard was the 24CT coupe launched in 1964. When Citroen took over Panhard in 1967, the factory was forced to stop making cars but the production of armored cars under the Panhard name still continues.
(text source and more info at Vintage European Automobiles)
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.