Salmson radiator emblem. (submitted by Joaquin Massana).
Salmson. (France) 1921-1957.
Well-known aeroengine manufacturer, the Societe des Moteurs Salmson started by building the British GN under license: they launched their first Salmson in 1921, and fitted it with a 1086cc engine with four push-pull-rods, which controlled both the inlet and exhaust valves.
At the same time, engineer Petit evolved a racing version with dohc. In 1923, Salmson presented an 8/10hp of 1194cc, then in 1930 they started the S4 series with a dohc 1500cc engine which was finally developed to 2.3 litres in the last new Salmson models made in 1953. Salmson cars won many sporting events.
(Vintage European Automobiles)
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.