Steyr Motors GmbH is the specialist for Diesel Engines out of the earlier Steyr-Daimler-Puch group of companies. Decades of Engine Engineering and Production of diesel engines for all kind of commercial & military vehicles resulted in the development of the Steyr M1- ("Monoblock") engine family.
Steyr products are highly specialised in regard of operational safety, environmental protection, power density and cost effectiveness. Best skilled Engineers in Engineering, Quality Assurance and Production are guarantees for customer's satisfaction and worldwide success with our products.
Steyr diesel engines are a synonym for most modern technologies, carefully engineered and manufactured as a typical representative of Austria's worldwide image for engine engineering & technology.
- 1922 First Monoblock engine from Steyr (Type II)
- - 1990 Foundation of Steyr Motorentechnik GmbH
- 1991 Start of M1- Marine Diesels (OMC COBRA DIESEL), first electronically controlled Marine Diesel
- 1993 Marketing start " Steyr marine diesel"
- 1996 NATO-homologation for the Steyr M16TCA (HD)
- 1998 Homologation according "Solas"
- 2001 Independent Steyr Motors GmbH
- 2003 Relocation to our new production and development facilities in Steyr
- Jan. 2004 Start of Production of Steyr 256
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.