B&W factory photo of a 1979 AMC AMX.
|Search for AMC Spirit AMX : 1979 on:|
Meet AMX for 1979. Inside and out it's bold, commanding. Expect to be noticed.
AMX standard features include front and rear black bumpers with bumper guards and nerfing strips, front air dam and rear deck spoiler with accent stripes, front and rear fender flares, blackout grille. Turbocast II aluminum wheels, ER60 x 14 belted radial tires, dual remote mirrors, eye-catching AMX graphics and more.
Inside you'll find Sport Vinyl or Caberfae Corduroy bucket seats, brushed aluminum instrument panel overlays, leather wrapped sport steering wheel, center console with armrest and a full array of functional gauges. And don't forget the AMX handling experience with rally-tuned suspension package, performance-tuned exhaust sound (with optional V-8 and manual transmission). You can even order a pop-up moonroof option for a fresh air feel.
AMX -- very moving experience. The only thing more exciting than its looks is the way it acts.
1979 Spirit AMX includes these standard features:
- 258 CID 6-cylinder engine
- 4-speed manual floor shift
- G.T. Rally-Tuned Suspension
- High beam Halogen headlamps
- Performance tuned exhaust sound (6-cylinder with manual transmission; or V-8)
- Gauge package and tachometer
- Intermittent wipers
- Inside hood release
- Power liftback release
- Extra quiet insulation
- Dual horns
- Courtesy lights
- Custom bucket sears in Caberfae corduroy or Sport Vinyl
- Folding split rear seat back
- Custom door trim panels
- Full length console with integral center armrest
- Brushed aluminum instrument panel overlay
- Color-keyed leather wrapped sport steering wheel
- Custom headliner and sunvisor color-keyed carpeting (12 oz.)
- Color-keyed seat belts (front)
- Spare tire cover
- Instrument panel parcel shelf
- Black bumpers with guards and nerfing strips (front and rear)
- Front air dam and rear deck spoiler
- Fender flares with accent stripes
- Black grille insert and black headlight bezels
- Turbocast II aluminum wheels (4) with black accents
- ER60 x 14 Flexten belted radial OWL tires
- Dual black remote mirrors
- AMX graphics and AMX flame decal on hood.
- Wheelbase 96.0"
- Overall length 168.5"
- Overall width 71.8"
- Overall height 51.6"
- Track front 58.1", rear 57.5"
- Head room front 37.8", rear 33.5"
- Leg room front 40.8", rear 27.7"
- Cargo vol. (cu. ft) 24.8
- Curb weight (lbs) 2970
Air Conditioning package:
- Air conditioning
- Heavy duty cooling system
- Heavy duty alternator
- Flex fan
- Tinted glass (all windows)
- Power steering
- Instrument panel parcel shelf (standard on AMX; Spirit DL and Limited models)
- Convenience group *1
- Visibility group *1 (not available on AMX)
- Light group *1
- Protection group *1
- Heavy duty cooling system (included with air conditioning)
- Auxiliary automatic transmission cooler (with V-8 engine only)
- Cold climate group
- Inside hood release.
- altitude drivability option (all models destined for principal usage or high altitudes)
(*1 standard on Limited models)
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.