New BYD logo.
· Established In 1995.
· In July 1996, BYD passed ISO9002 authentication.
· In 1998, BYD EU Branch was set up
· In December 1998, BYD passed ISO9001 authentication.
· In 1999, BYD USA Branch was set up
· In 2000, First Chinese Li-ion Battery supplier for MOTO
· In 2000, BYD Japan Branch was established
· In 2001, BYD Korea Branch was established
· In 2002, BYD became the first Chinese Li-ion battery supplier of NOKIA; in May 2002, BYD passed QS-9000 authentication.
· In July 2002, BYD Company Limited (1211-HK) was listed in HK Stock Exchange, creating the highest IPO price record among 54 H stocks. In the same year, BYD ranked NO.1 among Asia Money “2002 Best-Managed Companies”, and was titled “2002 Best Medium-Sized Enterprise IPO Project” by the Asset Magazine. The successful IPO of BYD was an important landmark in Asian and even global financial society.
· In September 2002, Shenzhen BYD Li-Ion Company Limited won the “Motorola Excellent Supplier Award” granted by Motorola.
· On January 22, 2003, BYD acquired Shaanxi Qinchuan Auto Company Limited, and established BYD Auto Company Limited, and then set up its Xi’an production base after building a new plant of 1 million m2 in Xi’an Hi-tech Development Zone.
· In 2003, BYD acquired Beijing Jichi Car Module Company Limited (covering an area of 200,000m2). In the same year, BYD set up Shanghai BYD Industrial Park (covering an area of 560,000m2) in Shanghai, and then moved its car sales headquarter to Shenzhen, so as to develop the layout radiating the entire country: east – Shanghai, south – Shenzhen, west – Xi’an, and north – Beijing.
· On April 16, 2005, BYD Auto announced the formal offline of its first new car F3 in Xi’an. At the same time, the new production base with a capacity of 200,000 units per year was established formally.
· From April 2005 to February 2006, BYD F3 won 68 various awards within 10 months, including “New Car Award”, “Best Popularity Award”, and “Most Expectable Car” in Shanghai International Auto Show, as well as the most valued “Best Price-Performance Car Award” in 2005 Chinacars Annual Billboard.
· In June 2006, BYD pure electricity car F3e was successfully developed. Powered by Fe-batteries using ET-POWER technology, F3e realizes zero pollution, zero emission and zero noise, with range up to 350km per charge, which symbolizes BYD pure electricity vehicle technology has reached a leading position in the world.
· In 2006, Ukraine started to import BYD car products in large quantities. The first batch of 200 F3 cars represented the first time Chinese cars were imported to the Ukrainian market.
· BYD Auto participated in Beijing International Auto Show with its Chinese first hard-top convertible sports coupe F8, world first ET-Power car F3e, and BIVT technology engine researched and developed independently, and triggered a great storm in the auto show. On November 27, BYD F8 won the “Best Chinese New Car Award” in Beijing International Auto Show.
· In September 2006, BYD Micro electronics passed NOKIA MOSFET supplier authentication.
· In January 2007, BYD F3 sales quantity exceeded 10,000 units per month, which was the first time a Chinese car brand entered the “10,000 club” with a single car model, and it became one of the “four giants” in the medium-class car market, together with Elantra, Excelle, and Family brands.
· In April 2007, BYD F6 won “Best (China) New Car Award”, “Best Shanghai Vogue Award”, and “Best Car Design Award”.
· On July 30, 2007, BYD F3R was put on the market of China.
· On June 18, 2007, the 100,000th F3 was produced in Xi’an, which meant that the aggregated production quantity of the medium-class model reached 100,000 units within just 20 months since September, 2005, and created a sales record (100,000 units) among national independent car brands using the shortest time.
· On August 9, 2007, BYD Auto held “BYD Auto Shenzhen Modern Production Base Completion & F6 Offline Ceremony” in Shenzhen, which symbolized that BYD Auto’s strategy to enter the medium-high-class car market has been put into practice.
Meanwhile, President Wang Chuanfu of BYD Group announced two major targets of the group at the ceremony: to become No.1 in China in 2015; to become No.1 in the world in 2025, which shocked the automobile society and the media world.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.