Audi four rings logo.
|Search for Audi S5 Cabriolet : 2010 on:|
The 2010 Audi S5 Cabriolet will have it's world debut at the Geneva Auto Show in March of 2009 and goes on sale in in the USA in the Fall of 2009 (as a 2010 model year vehicle). U.S. pricing to be announced later.
• S5 Cabriolet interior and exterior distinctive features include:
- New rear LED lighting
- Sport seats with unique interior color offerings
- Cloth convertible top features Audi Acoustic Roof technology for a quite interior.
• Typical Audi interior design is modern and sophisticated, with clear attention to detail, including 1 liter bottle holders in each door.
• S5 Aluminum-optic exterior accents include front and rear diffuser blades, mirror housings, and four exhaust pipes.
• Modular Longitudinal Chassis architecture is the foundation for a benchmark sport sedan.
- Extensive use of new ultra-high-strength steels increase rigidity of the body while also reducing weight.
- Repositioned clutch / torque-converter allows more forward position of front axle.
• Better agility and turn in
• Better axle load distribution
• Shorter front overhang
• Longer wheelbase = more comfortable ride
- Repositioned steering rack, lower and closer to the wheel carriers lowers center of gravity and provides more direct steering control/feedback.
- Sporty proportions and muscular stance enhanced due to longer, wider, and lower dimensions.
- Reduced front overhang adds to visual sportiness.
Powertrain and Performance.
• The following power train configurations are offered in USA:
• S5 Cabriolet 3.0 TFSI supercharged V6 specifications:
- S5 Coupe manual and 6-speed Tiptronic 354 hp / 325 lb-ft V8 continue for another year through the end of model year 2010; 2011 S5 Coupe will have 3.0 TFSI supercharger with 333 hp / 325 lb-ft, and manual and 7-speed S tronic transmissions.
- FSI direct injection with intercooled supercharger
- 333hp – 325 lb-ft
- quattro® all-wheel drive with 40/60 rear torque bias
- S tronic 7 speed double-clutch automatic transmission
- Top speed 155 mph
• Latest generation of quattro® all-wheel drive is employed, with asymmetric rear-biased torque split (40% front / 60% rear under nominal conditions).
• S5 Cabriolet only: New available quattroSport rear differential dynamically varies torque between the rear wheels.
• Fuel economy is significantly improved over A4 Cabriolet .
• Rear 50/50 split folding seats in A5/S5 Cabriolet (not available with competitors)
• Cloth convertible top for elegant styling, superior interior and storage space, and low weight penalty (for better driving dynamics)
• New head-level heating system with heated/cooled front seats
• MMI operating logic standard with central display screen
• Audi Drive Select – varies the engine, transmission, steering, and suspension damping characteristics to suit the driver’s preferences
• Audi Intelligent Key – stores service information in the key
• Advanced Key keyless entry and starting
• Bluetooth hands-free telephone interface
• Bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
• Audi Parking System rear with rearview camera
• Electromechanical parking brake
• Hard-drive-based Navigation system with Audi third-generation MMI.
• Audi Side Assist lane change assistant
• Bang & Olufsen 505W sound system
Launch Timing and Pricing.
• World auto show debut is Geneva auto show in March, 2009
• USA A5/S5 Cabriolet with all mentioned engine/transmission combinations goes on sale in Fall 2009 (as a 2010 model year vehicles).
• U.S. pricing to be announced later.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.