2010 Lotus Evora.
April 2, 2009.
The first deliveries of the eagerly anticipated all-new 2010 Lotus Evora will be made to customers in Europe starting in May 2009 following an extensive and rapid development program that enabled the whole Evora project to be completed in an extraordinary 27 months, almost unprecedented in the automotive industry.
The Evora is much more than just an all-new car for Lotus, it also brings to Lotus a new way of building cars in many respects.
At the recent Geneva Motor Show Lotus announced the Evora product content and optional packages details with respective pricing for the UK and European markets that will be receiving the Evora first.
Though there still may be some changes in the standard and optional product content for the Evora as it's produced for the U.S. and Canadian markets, Lotus thought they'd share these product content details as announced for the UK and European markets as it's likely to be quite similar for North America.
What follows are a few photographs of the very first Verification Prototype Evoras on the new Evora production line.
The first production Lotus Evoras have already started down the assembly line at Lotus' high-tech chassis manufacturing facilities in Worchester UK, where the advanced extruded and epoxy-bonded aluminum chassis for the Evora is made by Lotus Lightweight Structures.
Evora build volumes are expected to ramp up steadily over the next few months with a target of 34 Lotus Evoras being hand-built each week by July 2009.
This manufacturing volume is in addition to the current build volume for the Lotus small car platform vehicles (Elise, Exige, Europa and 2-Eleven) of 44 per week building to 55-60 per week in the run up to the northern hemisphere summer.
The Lotus Evora will enter the sports car market as the only mid-engined 2+2 in production and it will also be available as a 2+0 with a luggage shelf in the back. It is designed for people who desire the exotic sports car characteristics of stunning design, exclusivity, dramatic proportions and performance, while also providing its owners a great sense of presence and daily driving practicality. As you'll see below, the standard and optional equipment available on the Evora will enable Evora owners to tailor one to their specific wants and needs.
Engine and Transmission.
- 276 hp 3.5 liter V-6 engine with VVT-I - S
- 6-speed manual transmission - S
- Sports ratio 6-speed manual transmission - O
- Optimal gear shift-point display - S
- Twin polished exhaust tailpipe - S
- Fully independent suspension layout - S
- Forged aluminum unequal length double wishbones with integral joint - S
- Bilstein mono-tube gas dampers (front and rear) - S
- Eibach coaxial coil springs (front and rear) - S
- Anti-roll bars (front and rear) - S
- Yokohama Advan Sport LTS tires (225/40 ZR18 front and 255/35 ZR19 rear) - S
- Hydraulically-assisted power steering - S
- BOSCH Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) - S
- Switchable traction control - S
- Lotus lightweight deformable bonded front structure - S
- Lotus all-aluminum safety monocoque tub - S
- Lotus welded galvanized deformable rear structure - S
- Lotus side impact safety structure - S
- Stainless steel fuel tank, sheltered within safety shell - S
- 2-stage airbags for driver and front passenger - S
- Isofix child seat fastening system in the rear - S (on 2+2 equipped cars)
- AP racing 4-piston fixed aluminum alloy 2-piece calipers - S
- Ventilated brake discs (350 mm front and 332 mm rear) - S
- BOSCH ABS with servo assisted brakes featuring:- S
--- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
--- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Key located remote central locking system and trunk release - S
- Immobilizer and key activated alarm - S
- Central high-mounted stop light - S
- Rear windscreen defroster - S
- Insulated double glazed rear window, filled with Argon gas - S
- Silver cast alloy wheels (18" front and 19" rear)- S
- Silver forged alloy wheels (18" front and 19" rear)- O
- Stealth Grey cast alloy wheels (18" front and 19" rear) - O
- Gloss Anthracite forged alloy wheels (18" front and 19"rear) - O
- Halogen headlights - S
- Bi-Xenon headlights with headlight washing system - O
- Solar glass windscreen - S
- Body colored, heated, electric door mirrors - S
- Body colored, heated, electric, power-fold door mirrors - O
- Aerodynamically optimized rear diffuser and wing - S
- Body colored door handles - O
- Chrome "LOTUS" and model designation badges - S
- Air conditioning system - S
- Adjustable Recaro Black leather sport seats (front). Recline tilt and slide. - S
- Flat-bottomed leather and magnesium steering wheel - S
- Manual steering column adjustment for length and height - S
- Bespoke aluminum illuminated control knobs and switches - S
- Electric windows - S
- Leather gear shift knob - S
- Leather handbrake cover - S
- Remote release glove box - S
- Door storage bins & integrated cup holders - S
- 12-V interior accessory socket - S
- 12-V trunk mounted battery accessory socket - S
- Lotus command center with auxiliary trip computer - S
- Alpine CD/MP3/WMA receiver including: - S
- 2 X 45W High Power Amp (6.25" coaxial speakers and dash mounted tweeters)
- CD-R/-RW/MP3 playback capability
- Connection for iPod touch, nano and all iPod models with dock connector - S
- Full speed AUX input - S
- Quick search - S
- Lightweight fractal radio aerial - S
Tech pack: Entire Tech pack is Optional as a package.
Upgraded stereo system with:
- Alpine Mobile Media Station
- DVDR/RW/MP3/AAC/WMA/DivX Playback
- 2x50W High Power Amp (6.25" coaxial speakers & dash mounted tweeters)
- Alpine lightweight amp with lightweight 150 W subwoofer
- 7" WVGA Touch Screen display
- Alpine BlackBird Portable Satellite Navigation
- Bluetooth mobile phone connection
- USB connection for various iPod models and selected other MP3 players and memory sticks
- iPod connection and docking cradle in glove box
- Full speed AUX input
- Quick search
- Cruise Control, included in steering wheel
- Rear parking sensors
- Tire pressure monitoring system
Tech pack upgrades: All three Tech pack upgrade items Optional as a package.
- Alpine/Lotus IMPRINT Sound with Specialized Advanced fine-tuning
- Optimization of sound reproduction
- Enhanced sound staging and definition within the car
Premium pack:Entire Premium pack is Optional as a package.
- Accent lighting
- Leather trimmed tailgate insert panel
- Evora logo on dash
- Premium floor mats
- Choice of seat leather color - Charcoal - Oyster - Paprika - Chestnut
- Leather door paneling below trim band
- Leather trimmed door pockets
- Leather footwell side panels
- Leather trimmed armrest
- Fully leather trimmed center console
Alpine reversing camera (day & night) with 138 degree Field of View - O.
Sport pack:Entire Sport pack is Optional as a package.
- Switchable sports mode featuring:
--- Enhanced Throttle response and RPM limit
--- Sports traction control mode with increased yaw and slip thresholds
- Sports diffuser
- Titanium sports exhaust tailpipe
- Cross-drilled brake discs
- Black painted brake calipers
- Engine oil cooler
Solid Paint Colors:
- Ardent Red - S
- British Racing Green - S
- Metallic Paint Colors:
- Starlight Black - O
- Liquid Blue - O
- Persian Blue - O
- Canyon Red - O
- Arctic Silver - O
- Storm Titanium - O
- Solar Yellow- O
Lifestyle Paint Colors:
- Phantom Black - O
- Aquamarine - O
- Laser Blue - O
- Isotope Green - O
- Carbon Grey - O
- Graphite Grey - O
- Chrome Orange - O
- Quartz Silver - O
- Aspen White - O
- Saffron Yellow- O
Premium Paint Colors:
- Burnt Orange - O
- Ice White- O
S = Standard O = Optional
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.