2009 Subaru Hybrid Tourer.
|Search for Subaru Hybrid Tourer : 2009 on:|
Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, announced the major highlights that will be displayed at the 41st Tokyo Motor Show 2009. On the theme of ‘Take a Moment to Free Your Mind”, FHI will showcase Subaru’s efforts to integrate enjoyable and dependable driving with the global environment.
FHI will present the “Subaru Hybrid Tourer concept”, a new proposal for the future of grand touring car that integrates environmental friendliness, driving performance, and safety at a high level.
In addition, FHI will unveil the “Plug-in Stella feat. Beams”. Designed in collaboration with the renowned specialty store Beams, the fully electric car is based on the Plug-in Stella launched this summer in Japan. The company will also showcase a special version of Impreza WRX STI exclusively tuned for further enhancement of its sporty performance, as well as other production models such as the new Legacy.
Besides showcasing these models, FHI will exhibit Subaru’s latest safety technologies, such as the “EyeSight”, an advanced driving assist system with pre-collision control using stereo camera technology.
A press conference by President Ikuo Mori is scheduled on Wednesday, October 21, at 12:10, at the Subaru booth (Center Hall).
Subaru has condensed its DNA, developed over many years around the Subaru’s core technology of “Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD)” and “Horizontally-Opposed Boxer Engine”, into the integration of a luxurious and high-quality cabin atmosphere and an eye-catching sculpted body. The concept car features Subaru’s latest evolutions in handling agility, riding comfort and superior safety performance. It proposes Subaru’s vision of a future grand touring car that excels in environmental friendliness thanks to Subaru’s unique hybrid system.
Design and packaging.
(1) Exterior Subaru imagined wings with a feeling of freedom and confidence for driving far and wide in any environment. A luxurious and comfortable cabin, and advanced driving performance are contained within a sculpted aerodynamic form. The design features a combination of bright, open glass areas with a solid, reliable body.
(2) Interior The original point of the ideal grand touring car is its interior design, featuring four independent and comfortably positioned seats. Passengers are enclosed within an atmosphere that provides a surpassing feeling of openness and stress-free reassurance, through the further pursuit of a human-centered philosophy, the essence of Subaru car design, and the incorporation of functions that are friendly to passengers. ・ The top of the dashboard is movable up and down to provide an optimal driving environment for the driver according to driving conditions. ・ A flat floor in the rear seat was achieved even with the implementation of AWD, for improved use and movement inside the cabin. ・ Specialized shielding is incorporated in the windshield to reduce eyestrain on the driver. ・ New leather covering developed with superior breathability and a ventilation function is used in the seats for improved comfort and texture.
(3) Mechanisms In addition to refinements to Subaru’s core technology such as Symmetrical AWD and Horizontally-Opposed Boxer Engine, further enhancements were made for improved environmental friendliness, driving performance and high safety performance by offering a next-generation power unit system and advanced safety technologies. (1) Next-generationpowerunitsystem 2.0-liter Horizontally-Opposed direct fuel-injection turbo gasoline engine ・ The Horizontally-Opposed turbo gasoline engine, with a reputation for powerful acceleration, is combined with a direct fuel-injection system for improvements in fuel efficiency and reduced emissions, and improved torque and response in practical range. This evolution in Subaru turbo technology excels in both environmental friendliness and engine performance.
Lineartronic, Subaru’s new generation automatic transmission, achieves further improvements in both
fuel efficiency and driving performance by reinforcing parts for use with the high-power output of a
• To further enhance the appeal of the Symmetrical AWD system, this unique hybrid two-motor system features a power/drive motor in the front and a drive motor in the rear.
• At start-up and extremely low speeds when fuel efficiency is low, such as when driving the car into a garage, the rear motor is used primarily to allow driving without utilizing the power of the engine.
• During normal driving, the front engine is primarily used. The direct fuel-injection turbo gasoline mated with the Symmetrical AWD offers a whole new, Subaru driving experience.
• During acceleration, the rear motor assists the driving power of the engine to achieve advanced driving performance.
• Further, when accelerating uphill, the front motor, which is normally used as a power generator, assists to drive the front axle for improved performance.
• The implementation of a non-idling function that stops the engine when the car comes to a halt reduces unnecessary fuel consumption.
• The use of a high-performance lithium battery is based on experience and know-how achieved with the Subaru Plug-in STELLA electric vehicle, launched this summer. This includes the use of a precise energy management system and efficiency.
Length x Width x Height: 4,630 x 1,890 x 1,420mm
Engine type: 2.0-liter Horizontally-Opposed direct fuel-injection turbo gasoline engine
Max output of Motor: 10kW (Front) / 20kW (Rear)
Transmission type: Lineartronic
Drive train: Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with 2 motors assist
Battery type: Lithium-ion battery
EyeSight + (plus).
Subaru has integrated its unique driving assist system, EyeSight, with vehicle-to-vehicle and road-to-vehicle communication technology. EyeSight includes an assist collision prevention support system that uses its unique stereo camera technology to recognize a wide range of driving environments. This next-generation driver assistance system provides improved safety and peace-of-mind for passengers, and represents a major evolution in collision detection performance.
• The advanced environment recognition performance of EyeSight, using a stereo camera and a specialized 3D image processing engine, excels at pre-collision safety through the recognition of both pedestrians and cyclists as well.
• Wide-ranging driving conditions that cannot be covered by a stereo camera alone are acquired through vehicle-to-vehicle and road-to-vehicle communication technology, which is then synchronized with EyeSight for a further evolution in preventative safety. Specifically, this system continuously detects vehicles that move into and out of blind spots, and advises the driver on appropriate driving maneuvers.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.