2010 Jeep Wrangler.
2010 Jeep Wrangler Updates.
• Improved Sunrider® soft top with easy-to-remove system
• Fuel-saver indicator standard on all models
• New Satin Silver 18-inch aluminum wheels standard on Sahara
• New Satin Carbon 17-inch aluminum wheels standard on Rubicon
• Fog lamps standard on all models
• Tow hooks standard on all models
• Standard full-length floor console replaces mini console on base two-door Wrangler Sport
• Uconnect™ Phone included with optional Uconnect Navigation
• Compass and outside temperature readout standard on all models
• Cloth seats replace standard vinyl seats on base two-door Wrangler Sport
• Larger, sliding sun visors with mirrors
• New front dome lamp with on/off switch
• New two-tone leather seating available on Sahara and Rubicon
• Surf Blue replaces Jeep Green Metallic Clear Coat exterior color
• Natural Green replaces Detonator Yellow exterior color
• Dark Charcoal replaces Sunburst Orange exterior color
The Benchmark Off-road Vehicle.
With more than 68 years of legendary off-road capability, the 2010 Jeep® Wrangler doesn’t sacrifice anything inside the cabin, offering safety and convenience features, interior space, versatility and comfort.
Whether choosing a Wrangler Sport, Sahara or Rubicon® model, 2010 Jeep
Wrangler customers will experience best-in-class off-road capability in a true
open-air sport-utility vehicle.
The 2010 Jeep Wrangler adds even more refinement with a new and improved Sunrider® soft-top system, making it even easier to remove the top for that open-air experience on- or off-road.
The Sunrider soft top is redesigned with a new cable-top system that allows customers to easily open and close the top within minutes. The improved soft top features a simplified removal system, eliminating the need to un-tuck and tuck the side rails when opening and closing the top.
The 2010 Jeep Wrangler models include a fuel-saver indicator. The fuel-saver indicator provides drivers with continuous feedback on fuel consumption. The fuel-saver indicator will display when driving in a fuel-efficient manner.
Other standard features include compass and outside temperature display, fog lamps, tow hooks and larger sliding sun visors with mirrors.
Jeep Sahara and Rubicon models now feature new optional two-tone leather seating. And the Wrangler Sport model now features a new full-length floor console. In addition, cloth seats replace standard vinyl seats.
2010 Jeep Wrangler models feature a 3.8-liter V-6 engine which generates 202 horsepower (151 kW) and 237 lb.-ft. (321 N•m) of torque, backed by a standard six-speed manual gearbox or an available four-speed automatic transmission.
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport and Sahara models are equipped with the Command-Trac® NV241 part-time, two-speed transfer case with a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. An available Trac-Lok® limited-slip rear differential provides extra torque and grip during slippery, low-traction situations, such as driving over sand, gravel, snow or ice.
The 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model is equipped with an Off-Road Rock-Trac® NV241 two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio, as well as electric front- and rear-axle lockers, an electronic sway-bar disconnect and 32-inch off-road tires.
At A Glance.
The ultimate Jeep.
• 69 years later, Jeep continues to offer legendary capability
Benchmark Jeep characteristics.
• Off-road capability
- Dana front and rear solid axles, available next-generation Command-Trac® and Rock-Trac® transfer cases and electric axle lockers
- Electronic-disconnecting sway bar – Active Sway Bar System
- Equipped with skid plates, tow hooks and available 32-inch BF Goodrich tires
- A standard 3.8-liter V-6 engine with 202 horsepower (151 kW) and 237 lb.-ft. (321 N•m) of torque includes a standard six-speed manual transmission or four-speed automatic transmission
• Interior space and comfort
- Front-seat area provides 54.6 cubic-feet of space for comfortable shoulder and hip room, while rear-seat space is 48.3 cubic-feet
- Space behind the rear seat provides more comfort, ergonomics and storage capacity
- 56.5 cu.-ft. of cargo volume behind front seats
- 17.1 cu.-ft. of cargo volume behind rear seats
• On-road refinement
- Torsionally stiff frame resists bending
- Wheelbase at 95.4 inches, which contributes to a smooth ride and quiet cabin
- Advanced shock tuning and heavy-duty powertrain and body mounts isolate passenger compartment from vibrations
• Open-air fun
- Only true 4x4 convertible
- Standard Sunrider® soft top provides options for open-air driving, while the Freedom Top® three-piece modular hard top provides a second, easy open-air option
• Safety features
- Hill-start Assist (HSA)
- Available Trailer-sway Control (TSC)
- Advanced Multi-stage Air Bags
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Brake Assist
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Electronic-roll Mitigation (ERM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- Seat-mounted Side Air Bags
- Side-impact Door Beams
- Tire-pressure Monitoring (TPM)
True to Jeep heritage.
• Features classic round headlamps, signature seven-slot grille, wide wheel flares, exposed forged hinges, fold-down windshield, sport bar, removable tops and doors, and washable interior
Rugged Jeep character with new conveniences and features.
• Available Uconnect™ Navigation with UConnect Phone, six-disc stereo, MP3 player and SIRIUS Satellite Radio provide the latest interior conveniences
• Available power windows and door locks are designed so that doors may be easily removed
2009 MODEL YEAR.
• Sunburst Orange Pearl Coat
• Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
• Drop-in bin added to full center console
• Storage nets added to lower center stack and side of center console
• ULEV II emissions replace LEV II emissions on manual transmission vehicles
• Standard Hill-Start Assist (HSA) prevents rollback on graded surfaces
• Available Trailer-Sway Control monitors vehicle movement relative to the intended path and activates the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) if the trailer begins to sway outside set parameters
2008 MODEL YEAR.
• Sahara Appearance Group – 18-inch aluminum wheels, bright steering-wheel spokes and air-conditioning outlet rings, front and rear bumper overlays
• Detonator Yellow exterior color (Wrangler X and Rubicon models)
• Sunrider® soft top standard on Sahara and Rubicon models
• Remote Start available
• Tire-Pressure Monitoring (TPM) system standard
• Right-hand drive Wrangler X available for U.S. and Canada
2007 MODEL YEAR.
• All-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler comes in three two-door model offerings: Wrangler X, Wrangler Sahara and Wrangler Rubicon
• 5.5-inch increase in overall width delivers brawnier appearance than predecessor
• Multiple door, top and windshield combinations; new three-piece modular hardtop and innovative Sunrider soft top
• Increased ground clearance
• Larger wheels and tires (16-, 17-, or 18-inch)
• 4.6 inches more hip room than predecessor
• 5.1 inches more shoulder room
• One-inch increase in rear-seat leg room
• Two-inch increase behind rear seat
• Available power windows and door locks, full-screen navigation system, 368-watt Alpine® stereo with MP3 capability, SIRIUS Satellite Radio
• Sahara and Rubicon models feature cloth seats with YES Essentials® seat fabric, an easy-care, soil-repellant and anti-microbial textile (now called stain repel)
• Fold-and-Tumble™ feature allows rear seats to be stowed for additional storage capacity
• New 3.8-liter V-6 engine delivers 202 horsepower and 237 lb.-ft. of torque
• Available with six-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmissions
• Increased horsepower, torque, and enhanced suspension, results in a towing capacity of 2,000 lbs.
• Optional towing package includes a rear Dana 44 axle with a 4.10 axle ratio and trailer hitch
• Available with 16-inch (standard) 17-inch (Sahara and Rubicon) or 18-inch (optional first-time offering on Wrangler) wheels and tires
• Four-wheel-disc ABS standard on all models with off-road Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) feature enabling sustained wheel lockup for improved performance on plowable surfaces, including gravel, sand and mud
• All-new 100 percent more rigid frame-in-bending stiffness
• Two-inch longer wheelbase than predecessor
• 3.5-inch wider track than predecessor
• Lower spring rates, advanced shock tuning, increased jounce and rebound travel
• Enhanced Dana front and rear solid axles
• Available next-generation Command-Trac® and Rock-Trac® transfer cases
• New electric axle lockers and electronic-disconnecting front sway bar
• Advanced multi-stage air bag system inflates with a force appropriate to the severity of an impact and includes the Occupant-Classification System (OCS)
• Brake Assist senses a panic brake condition and applies maximum braking power
• Electronic Stability Program (ESP) aids driver in maintaining vehicle directional stability, providing oversteer and understeer control to maintain vehicle behavior on various road surfaces
• Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM) observes and monitors the vehicle roll attitude and lateral force to estimate the potential for a rollover situation
2006 MODEL YEAR.
• Paint: Solar Yellow replaces Electric Lime Green
• Paint: Midnight Blue replaces Patriot Blue
• Golden Eagle Package offering includes specific logo/script applications on fender and spare tire cover; two-tone premium seat with specific logo treatment; painted center stack bezel; Dana 44 HD rear axle; 15-inch gold aluminum wheels; and 30-inch tires
• Sirius Satellite Radio available on all models except SE
2005 MODEL YEAR.
• New six-speed manual transmission replaces five-speed manual
• Two new exterior colors added: Impact Orange and Deep Beryl Green
• Jeep Wrangler Sahara model no longer offered
• New Premium Audio Group optional on X model
• New Security Group optional on Sport and Rubicon models
• New Brake and Traction Group optional on Sport models
• New Neutral Density fender flares for Rubicon
• Air conditioning made standard on Sport and Rubicon models
• Full-size spare tire made standard on all models
• Full-face steel wheel made standard on SE, X and Sport
• Convenience Group made standard on X model
• Seven-speaker system made standard on Sport and Rubicon models
• Six-disc, in-dash CD changer an option on all models except SE
2004 MODEL YEAR.
• Wrangler Unlimited introduced (mid-year introduction)
• Right-hand-drive model available for U.S. retail market
• New 30-inch spare tire cover with Sahara logo
• Optional locking fuel cap
• CD player now standard on X, Sport, Sahara and Rubicon
• Tilt-steering standard on all models
2003 MODEL YEAR.
• Wrangler Rubicon model added
• 2.4-liter Power Tech, DOHC, 16-valve I-4 engine replaces 2.5-liter engine
• 42RLE four-speed automatic transmission with skid plate is optional with 2.4-liter and 4.0-liter engines
• Optional four-wheel disc brakes
• Sideview mirror redesign
• New front and rear seats
• Interior upper head impact protection to meet 2003 federal standard
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether for CHildren)
• On-board Refueling Vapor Recovery (ORVR)
2002 MODEL YEAR.
• Wrangler X model added
• All-new HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) system
• Premium audio system adds front tweeters
2001 MODEL YEAR.
• Four-ply soft top
• Amplified subwoofer—Optional with all radios
• New Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
• Long-life 100,000-mile engine coolant
• New steering column tilt mechanism
• User-ready child seat anchorage system
• Plastic Add-a-trunk
2000 MODEL YEAR.
• NV3550 five-speed manual transmission with synchronized reverse— 4.0-liter engine
• 4.0-liter engine modifications for lower emissions and improved durability
• Child seat tether anchorages included with rear seat
• 4.0-liter engine meets Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) requirements in CA, ME, MA, NY, VT and the Northeast Trading Region states
1999 MODEL YEAR.
• Rotary air conditioning controls with bi-level mode
• Optional AM/FM stereo radio with CD player (mid-year introduction)
• 2.5-liter engine meets Transitional Low Emission Vehicle (TLEV) standards where required
• Next-generation driver and front-passenger air bags(a)
• Passenger air bag cutoff switch (May 1998 introduction)(b)
1998 MODEL YEAR.
• Sentry Key® engine immobilizer theft-deterrent system available (November 1997 introduction)
• 4.0-liter Power Tech engine meets Transitional Low Emission Vehicle (TLEV) standards where required
• Dual Top Group (spring 1997 introduction)
1997 MODEL YEAR.
• All-new, refined exterior body panels and hardware
• Quadra-coil suspension
• Contemporary interior appearance
• New frame with outstanding torsional and bending stiffness
• Driver and passenger air bags
1994 MODEL YEAR.
• Three-speed automatic transmission available with 2.5-liter engine
1993 MODEL YEAR.
• Four-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) available
1991 MODEL YEAR.
• 4.0-liter Power Tech, OHV, 12-valve SMPI I-6
• “Power-tech Six” engine replaces 4.2-liter engine
1988 MODEL YEAR.
• Sahara model introduced
1987 MODEL YEAR.
• Initial introduction
(a) Certified to federal regulations that allow less forceful air bags. Always use seat belts. Remember, a back seat is the safest place for children.
(b) Important—Always remove key and replace cover. Rearward-facing child seats may be used in the front seat only with the passenger air bag is turned off.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.