2010 Volkswagen Eos.
|Search for Volkswagen Eos : 2010 on:|
The 365-Days-a-Year-Cabriolet Convertible-coupe with integrated sliding/tilting glass roof Eos started in May of 2006 in Europe and is available on all continents.
The hard top folds tightly together providing a powerful design.
• A friendly panorama: The CSC-roof opens or closes completely within 25 seconds and offers technical as well as visual finesse. Firstly: the front section is held in a transpa rent glass look and can be used as a panorama sun roof opening it either completely or tilting it upwards by 35 millimeters. Even in the closed mode the roof creates a bright, friendly and fresh atmosphere in the interior. Second ly: thanks to the wide CSC-roof span it was possible to design a short windscreen frame. This creates a pure conver tible feeling. Thirdly: another benefit is that the proportions are streamlined, the roof line is elongated, the rear is muscular and the overall impression is one of high quality.
New designs throughout.
• CSC-Design: When closed, the CSC-roof curves in an arc between the rear and the windscreen. This creates an outstanding coupe roof, elegant and sporty. The roof’s curve is elongated, the rear is muscular and the overall impression is one of high quality. With the roof open, it is obvious that the Eos was specifically designed as a convertible-coupe and that its bodywork design was not derived from an existing model. Due to the CSC-roof it was possible to keep the windscreen frame short and the rear compact. Consequence: clear cut proportions in the style of classic convertibles. Not even one antenna disturbs its appearance. Background: the developers built each antenna into the trunk lid made of high rigidity synthetic.
• CSC characteristics: The five-section CSC structure offers not only visual, but also practical advantages. Firstly, the pure convertible-feeling. Since the windscreen frame - or to be precise - the roof cross member - projects out into the interior to a far lesser degree than many similar vehicles there is nothing but the sky above the driver and front passenger. Secondly: optimal entry and exit. The reduced width of the wind screen frame makes it easier to get into the open Eos, since it is not necessary to maneuver around the frame. Thirdly: the integrated CSC-roof of the Eos captures light, air and a good mood. The complete opening and closing of the roof systems happens very quickly - from the first ‘clack’ to the last ‘click’ it only takes around 25 seconds. Once everything is covered, the system confirms the completion of the action by sounding a signal. In addition the CSC-roof offers the general advantages of an unlimited all-year-round suitability as well as lower driving noise levels when closed. The hard shell also makes life harder for vandals and thieves.
• Interior: The interior was also newly designed. While the details for function and use (e.g. lights, air conditioning; radio systems) are familiar from other models, many of the Eos elements were newly developed. These include the cockpit, door and side cover as well as the rear seats and an air conditioning automatic specifically designed for a convertible. Volkswagen optionally features electrically activated easy-entry-seats: they ‘remember’ the driver’s and front passenger’s longitudinal seating position and return to it – just by pushing a button - after the rear passengers have gotten in or out. A lordosis support is also integrated into this electric 12-way seat adjustment system. Trunk: With an open roof the available space is 205 liters, when closed the volume increases to 380 liters. For the last few millimeters the lid of the trunk closes via a power latching system as a standard feature. In addition there is a service hatch which is integrated into the rear seat bench.
The Eos is available with five gas engines as well as a 103 kW / 140 hp strong TDI with standard diesel particulate filter. For engines up to 147 kW a four cylinder direct injection system is used.
4-cyl. 16V diesel engine TDI CR (diesel particulate filter) 103 kW
4-cyl. petrol engine TSI BlueMotion Technology 90 kW
4-cyl. petrol engine TSI 90 kW
4-cyl. petrol engine TSI 118 kW
4-cyl. petrol engine TSI 155 kW
6-cyl. V6 petrol engine 191 kW
• 2.0 TFSI
• 4 cylinder Turbo 6-speed Manual
• DSG 6-speed Automatic Tiptronic
• 2.0 TFSI
• 4 cylinder Turbo DSG 6-speed Automatic Tiptronic
200hp / 206 lbs-ft, 2.0 TSI engine, adjustable intermittent wipers, Climatronic air-conditioning system w/ dual-zone climate control, AUX in, compass, cruise control, front and rear floor mats, Microtech Anthracite interior trim, V-Tex interior seat trim, leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and brake handle, power steering, rear seat pass-through to trunk, 12-way power adjustable driver seat, 8-way manual adjustable comfort passenger seat, heatable front seats, skibag w/ windblocker preparation, Premium 8 sound system w/ 6 month’s complimentary satellite radio, MP3 capabilities, in-dash 6 CD changer, Bluetooth® connectivity, 8 speakers, multi-function steering wheel, trip computer, windblocker, 16” Adelaide alloy wheels w/ 215/55 R16 allseason tires, daytime running lights, fog lights, power/heated exterior mirrors, fully-automatic, power retracting hard-top, 4-link fully independent rear suspension, panoramic sunroof tilt/slide, heated washer nozzles, dual front airbags, ESP, ABS, ASR, EDL, EDTC, Brake Assist, LATCH, seatbelt tensioners, automatic rollover protection system, TPMS.
Includes Komfort features plus: 6-speed automatic transmission w/ tiptronic, Burled Walnut wood interior trim, selfdimming interior mirror, partial leather seat covering, power “Easy Entry” driver and passenger front seats, 3-spoke multi-function leather steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers, chrome grill, power folding, heatable ext. mirrors, 17” Sienna alloy wheels w/ 235/45 R17 all-season tires.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.