2011 BAC Mono.
Introducing Mono, a lightweight, ultra high performance, road legal sports vehicle designed and manufactured using the latest racing technology.
Aimed at drivers who seek a purist driving experience and for whom design, engineering excellence and performance are of paramount importance, Mono is an aggressive design and will set a new benchmark in the small, but elite segment of radical, lightweight sports cars.
The single central-seat gave BAC's designers and project engineers the ultimate blank canvas on which to assemble their dream. The organic, enclosed front and exposed mechanical rear typifies the unique appearance of Mono. The design aesthetic is intended to combine sculpted, sleek, organic forms to provide an emotional, human connection juxtaposing the technical, mechanical elements of the car.
While this vision runs throughout Mono's appearance it was fundamental to the designers that form follow function on all aspects of the car. The necessity to gain access to the central driving position and adjustable dampers as well as providing clean airflow to the radiators and engine are just some of the factors on which Mono's architecture is built.
Above all else Mono has been designed to optimise the driving position – in the middle, central to the wheels, and the balance of the car.
Mono is constructed using high-strength carbon fibre composite around a steel safety cell. The cell is designed to offer maximum safety featuring a FIA compliant steel rollover structure, a sophisticated side impact structure and a front carbon crashbox.
Powering Mono is a longitudinally mounted 2.3 litre, 280 bhp four cylinder power plant provided by Cosworth. Coupled to that engine is an F-3 spec 6-speed sequential gearbox from Hewland.
Suspension is a fully-adjustable pushrod suspension with damping elements made by SACHS Racing. Fitted with 295mm ventilated discs, AP Racing brakes provide stopping power.
Tire manufacturer Kumho has used their vast experience in motorsport and road cars to develop a special rubber compound for Mono, which is designed to work with the low weight and optimized pushrod suspension.
Mono’s central driving position makes the driver an integral component of the car, creating an unparalleled synergy between man and machine. With this in mind, each customer is fitted for his or her seat, pedal reach and preferred driving position.
Dimensions and Weight
• Overall width: 1800mm
• Overall length: 3952mm
• Height: 1110mm
• Wheelbase: 2565mm
• Ground clearance: 100 mm (f) 110 mm (r)
• Kerb weight: 540kg
• Power to weight: 520 bhp per tonne
• Weight distribution f/r: 48% / 52%
• Type: 4 cylinder, in-line
• Installation: Mid longitudinal rwd
• Total displacement: 2300cc
• Maximum Power: 280 bhp at 7700rpm
• Maximum Torque: 280 Nm at 6000rpm
Tires and Wheels
• Tires (f): Kumho V70a 205/40 R17
• Tires (r): Kumho V70a 245/40 R17
• Wheels (f): O.Z. Racing HRT alloy 7.5j x 17in
• Wheels (r): O.Z. Racing HRT alloy 8.5j x 17in
• Maximum speed: 170 mph
• 0-60 mph: 2.8 secs
• Vehicle construction: Carbon composite, FIA compliant safety structure
• Suspension (f & r): Twin wishbone, push rod adjustable anti-roll bar
• Dampers: Sachs Racing
• Brakes: AP Racing, 295 mm ventilated discs, crossed drilled (f & r)
• Electronics: Gems EM40
• Gearbox: Hewland FTR, 6 speed sequential, LSD semi-auto paddle shift
• Total: £66,625 + local taxes
• Solid colour: Robot White, Raptor Grey, Seal Grey
• Metallic colour: Titanium metallic, Gun Metal Grey metallic, Black metallic (only available in combination with matt lower body)
• Special colour: White pearl metallic, Green pearl metallic, Gitane Blue pearl metallic, Red pearl metallic, Yellow pearl metallic, Orange pearl metallic
• Individual colour available
• Cockpit adjustable brake bias
• Race spec brake pads
• Rose jointed suspension
• Specific Track Gear Sets
• Race spec dampers (two ways adjustable)
• Master Kill Switches
• Harness (5th / 6th points)
• Towing Eye(s)
• Fire Extinguisher
• FIA Approved bag fuel tank
• Carbon Body panels pack 1 (Black)
• Carbon Body panels pack 2 (Coloured)
• Car jack
• Chassis trestles
• Remote battery charge socket
• Indoor car cover
• External waterproof car cover
• Tracker Horizon
• Helmet Bluetooth
• Profiled Seat
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.