2011 Ford Focus.
Ahead of an all-new, next-generation sedan and five-door hatchback to be launched for model year 2012, the 2011 Focus continues to offer tremendous value by delivering an EPA rating of up to 35 mpg highway (2010 data) while bringing premium content into the compact sedan market.
Safety and security are at the forefront of Focus for 2011. All models feature standard four-wheel ABS and, working in conjunction with ABS, standard AdvanceTrac with ESC using sophisticated sensors to help keep the car under control. Standard on SE, SES and SEL trim levels is a perimeter alarm system to discourage vehicle theft and tampering.
To help encourage safe teen driving, Focus features the MyKey system as standard equipment on all models. Parents simply program the vehicle key through the message center to incorporate features such as:
• Limited vehicle top speed of 80 mph
• Traction control system that limits tire spin cannot be deactivated
• Audio system volume limited to 44 percent of maximum volume
• A speed alert chime at 45, 55 or 65 mph
One of the most popular Focus options has consistently been Remote Keyless Entry, which is now standard on all models, along with power locks and a remote trunk release. A standard driver’s message center displays key vehicle information, including dual trip computers and instantaneous fuel efficiency information. Buyers opting for the SYNC communications and entertainment system also get outside temperature and direction information provided in a convenient top-of-dash radio display.
SYNC standard on Focus SES, SEL
Setting Focus apart from other small cars is industry-exclusive Ford SYNC® technology, which is standard equipment on the SES and SEL and optional on SE. SYNC is a fully integrated in-vehicle, voice-activated communications and entertainment system allowing customers to control their Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones and digital media players through simple voice commands. The interface allows drivers to better keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel when operating their favorite mobile devices. (SYNC is not available on the base S model).
Introduced last year, SYNC with Traffic, Directions & Information is an upgrade to the original SYNC system and now provides simple hands-free access to personalized traffic reports, precise turn-by-turn driving directions and up-to-date information including business listings, news, sports and weather.
Sporty value, sporty design.
Focus SE is equipped with a host of standard features, including power windows and mirrors, SIRIUS® satellite radio and painted alloy wheels. Buyers of the SE sedan can deck out their rides with an eye-catching appearance package consisting of:
• Unique machined-face premium alloy wheels
• Decklid spoiler
• Fog lamps
Owners opting for the Focus SES also get a distinctive look and feel provided by standard 17-inch premium painted wheels with low-profile tires and a performance-tuned suspension. SES features a unique Euro-look fascia and dark chrome on the grille, headlamp and taillamp trim.
Focus is powered by a standard 2.0-liter Duratec® 20 double-overhead-cam (DOHC) I-4 engine that delivers 140 horsepower and EPA ratings of up to 24 mpg city and 35 highway (2010 data). Also available is a super-clean, 136-horsepower Duratec 20E engine that qualifies Focus as a Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle in California emissions states.
Focus safety technologies.
Standard 2011 Ford Focus safety features include:
• AdvanceTrac with ESC
• Anti-lock Brake System
• Dual-stage front airbags
• Frontal side-impact airbags and side curtain airbags for both rows of seating
• Occupant-sensing system to help the airbag system determine inflation levels
• Belt-Minder® for driver and front passenger
• MyKey programmable vehicle key
• LATCH (Lower Anchors And Tethers for CHildren) system on rear seating positions
• SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Focus technology and connectivity features.
Standard and available 2011 Ford Focus technology features include:
• SYNC with Traffic, Directions & Information featuring Bluetooth connectivity and USB media input
• SIRIUS satellite radio with pre-paid initial six-month subscription
• Driver’s message center, with instantaneous and average trip fuel efficiency information
• AM/FM/CD/MP3-capable audio system with auxiliary input jack and speed-sensitive volume control
• Premium audio system with 190 watts, eight speakers and separate 8-inch subwoofer
The 2011 Ford Focus sedan is built at the Wayne (Mich.) Assembly Plant. The Focus coupe model has been dropped for model year 2011.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.