2012 Ford Ranger.
|Search for Ford Ranger : 2012 on:|
Bangkok, Thailand .
The all-new Ford Ranger global pickup truck will make its ASEAN debut at the biggest and most interactive stand ever assembled in Thailand by Ford Motor Company at the 32nd Bangkok International Motor Show.
The next-generation Ranger will take centre stage on the Ford stand, and be accompanied by an array of Ford’s most engaging global auto show attractions – also on display in ASEAN for the first time.
A robot presenter, a 3D mini theatre, a driving simulator of the all-new Ranger, a virtual safe driving game, and an interactive towing challenge are just some of the standout attractions that will rev-up visitors to the Ford stand.
"We’re leveraging this year’s Bangkok Motor Show as an international stage for the ASEAN reveal of the all-new Ford Ranger global pickup, which will be built right here in Thailand,” said Peter Fleet, president, Ford ASEAN. "We’ve taken the opportunity to create a world-class display on the Ford stand so that Show attendees can experience and truly understand our commitment to Thailand and the ASEAN region,” added Fleet.
In addition to Thailand, the all-new global Ranger will be manufactured in South Africa and Argentina for more than 180 markets worldwide. It is the first truck to be built under the One Ford strategy, which brings together the company’s global engineering expertise.
The all-new Ranger was unveiled to the world in Sydney last October, and the Bangkok appearance marks the first time it will be seen in Asia, giving the expected 1.5 million Show visitors a unique and special sight.
Joining the all-new Ranger on the Ford stand is the all-new Ford Fiesta, which has taken the Thailand and ASEAN markets by storm since its launch last year.
A full lineup of Fiestas will add a splash of colour to an already vibrant stand, including the debut of its newest alluring shade, Phantom Purple. A limited edition Fiesta 1.6L Sport with PowerShift transmission, white exterior and striking blue interior will also be offered, with only 300 units being made available.
During the Bangkok show dates, Ford is offering a special promotion on all Fiestas that includes free first-class insurance for one year.
“The hot-selling Fiesta really kicked off the transformation of our business in Thailand. Its class-leading design, safety, superior fuel efficiency and smart technologies quickly made it a favourite choice among Thai consumers in the small car segment,” said Saroj Kiatfeungfoo, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford Thailand.
The Ford stand will also feature the special Focus 2.0L Duratec Ghia+ and Sport+ models for THB 849,000. The sporty models – with the Sport+ appearing in a stunning Tango Red colour –
feature a host of smart technologies such as auto headlamps, auto dimming rearview mirrors and rain sensitive wipers. The 2.0L Duratec engine and sequential sport shift transmission deliver excellent driving dynamics and best-in-class value for money.
The stand will also feature several special editions of Ford’s other nameplates, including an upgraded Ford Escape XLT+ and Ford Ranger WildTrak. The Escape, sporting a new Ocean Blue colour, now features a rear spoiler, rear skid plate, chromed exhaust pipe, door scuff plate, side rockers and a chromed Ford Escape badge – presenting exceptional added value while retaining its same price of THB 1.179 million.
The Ranger WildTrak features 18-inch alloy wheels and a cool new Lagoon Blue colour. The WildTrak is also supported by a sales promotion during Show dates that includes a down payment of 10 percent, 48 monthly installments with zero percent interest, and free first-class insurance.
Also on the stand is the Ford Everest 4X2 Limited Navi which features a new rear spoiler and body cladding, giving it an overall sportier look.
All-new Ford Ranger Exterior.
There’s no mistaking the all-new Ford Ranger’s Built Ford Tough credentials. Its powerful presence exudes capability, confidence and, more than ever, levels of craftsmanship and technology that will transform the pickup truck ownership experience.
• The spacious Ranger is offered in three cab styles – Regular, Super, Double – as well as in 4x2 and 4x4 versions.
• Ranger’s front features a short overhang with the signature Ford truck three-bar grille.
• Stamped-in wheel lips, rather than add-ons, provide an integrated look across all series while contributing to an aggressive and sporty stance.
• Ranger Wildtrak gets a dark sporty look with a unique colour split on the front.
• The bodyline flows from the top of the cargo box through the doors to the closing line of the clam-shell hood design.
• Side mirrors were increased for better rear vision and were shaped to reduce wind noise.
• The beltline, along with the walls of the box, was raised – increasing the vehicle’s functionality with a deeper load box.
• Pockets above the wheel wells and along the side of the box allow truck owners to use timber inserts to carry full sheets of plasterboard or plywood.
• Ranger is sized perfectly for narrow streets found in many parts of the world.
All-new Ford Ranger Interior.
Poised to be a leader in innovation, the all-new Ranger comes with smart technologies such as the Bluetooth® with Voice Control system that make the pickup easier, safer and more fun to drive. It offers a contemporary look and feel with features and comfort normally found only in passenger cars.
• Auto lights and rain-sensing wipers
• Mobile-phone inspired control panel, with a joy stick as a central control element
• Smart Power Window System – auto up/down on driver’s door
• Drive-away locking – the car automatically locks when it reaches 7 km/h and accelerator pedal is depressed by at least 5%
• Theatre dimming creates a sophisticated feel. It ramps up illumination when the car is unlocked and turns it down once the engine has started.
• Steering wheel mounted audio switches including volume, seek controls and Bluetooth® with Voice Control system
• Superior information data such as Distance to Empty and Average Fuel Economy
• Smart Regenerative Charging – alternator output increases when vehicle decelerates
• Cruise control switch enables driver to set and control cruise speed
• Dual zone electronic air-conditioner
• High-feature, Thatcham-rated alarm system that incorporates interior motion sensors, double-locking and battery back-up siren
• Console bin keeps up to six cans of beverage cool with a duct from the air-conditioner
• Auxiliary Ipod-integrated control and MP3 connectivity
All-new Ford Ranger Engine Family.
The all-new Ford Ranger features a completely new family of powerful and fuel-efficient engines. Their responsiveness and versatility are at the heart of the Ranger capability story and their outstanding fuel economy will give Ranger owners a clear advantage.
2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi
• Outstanding torque – 375 Nm
• Available in three different power outputs with peak power of 110 kW (150 PS)
• Highly efficient four-cylinder design incorporating Ford TDCi turbocharged direct common-rail injection technology
• Responsive pulling power
• Trailer-towing capability
• Five and six-speed transmission choices
• One of the most fuel-efficient at 7.6 L/100 km on 4x2 model*
3.2-litre Duratorq TDCi
• Outstanding torque – 470 Nm
• 147 kW (200 PS) power rating
• Proven five-cylinder design – a first for Ranger
• Leverages turbocharging and common-rail direct-injection technology for outstanding performance and fuel efficiency
• New six-speed manual and automatic transmission choices
• Fuel economy among the leaders at 8.4 L/100km on 4x2 variant*
• New standard petrol engine is 24 percent more powerful
• 122 kW (166 PS) power rating
• Torque increases to 226 Nm
• Improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions
• Sequential multiport fuel injection
• Improved flexible fuel capability or aftermarket conversion to run on LPG
• Best-in-class fuel economy at 9.8 L/100km on 4x2 model*
*All fuel consumption figures are from officially approved tests in accordance with EC Directive 93/116/EC. Fuel economy figures quoted are based on the European Fuel Economy Directive EU 80/1268/EEC and will differ from fuel economy drive cycle results in other regions of the world.
All-new Ford Ranger Capability.
With more features and smart technologies than ever before seen on a Ranger, including Adaptive Load Control and Trailer Sway Control, the all-new Ford Ranger is among the most high-tech in the compact pickup segment.
• 80-litre fuel tank for long-range driving
• Rear View Camera System helps drivers to see better when reversing*
• New rear leaf suspension designed for pickup truck capability and improved ride comfort
• Increased wheelbase keeps Ranger firmly grounded
• New hydro mounts between the rail and the cabin reduce cabin shake and deliver comfortable ride*
• New rack-and-pinion steering system for precise, responsive steer feel
• New longer, stiffer frame
• Major driveline components located between frame rails to prevent damage in off-road conditions
• New hydro mounts between the rail and the cabin reduce cabin shake and deliver comfortable ride*
• Best-in-class towing capability of up to 3350 kg*
• Ford’s Trailer Sway Control increases driver confidence while towing. If the trailer begins to sway, the system efficiently takes control, selectively applying brakes to reduce the speed of the truck-and-trailer combination.
• Impressive payload capacity of up to 1500 kg*
• Best-in-class box volume on Regular Cab and Super Cab – 1.82 m3 and 1.45 m3 respectively
• Ford’s Adaptive Load Control technology provides additional stability assurance for drivers dealing with heavy payloads.
• Ground clearance of up to 241 mm*
• Best-in-class water-wading capability of 800 mm on 4x4 and 4x2 Hi-rider models
• Tested extensively in global off-road conditions as well as in extreme weather conditions on six continents
*Available on selected models depending on the markets.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.