OnStar 2010 logo.
As in-vehicle infotainment systems become more and more complex, OnStar maintains a powerful suite of services available through the simple push of a button, with no training required.
Using the blue OnStar button, the white Hands-Free Calling button and the red Emergency button, all located on the vehicle’s rearview mirror, OnStar customers are a touch away from a range of life-saving and convenience services. With a connection not dependent on a driver’s cell phone, OnStar’s 6 million plus customers are taking advantage of this effortless service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Pressing the blue OnStar button gives drivers immediate access to:
• OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation: Live advisors can pinpoint a desired location and download directions to your vehicle. More than 2 million routes delivered every month
• Roadside Assistance: Complimentary roadside assistance when drivers face non-emergency vehicle issues. Nearly 30,000 requests every month
• On-Demand Vehicle Diagnostics: Check the status of a vehicle’s key operating systems on the go. More than 55,900 On-Demand Diagnostic requests are received every month.
Pressing the white Hands-Free Calling button gives drivers immediate access to:
• OnStar Hands-Free Calling: Make and answer calls through an embedded OnStar phone. More than 176 million minutes purchased every month
• Bluetooth Connection: The ability to pair a Bluetooth-enabled phone with OnStar’s Hands-Free Calling system
eNav: Access to pre-saved driving directions downloaded from MapQuest or Google Maps
• Local Weather: Get weather reports presented based on a 5-mile radius of the vehicle’s current location
Local Traffic: Get local traffic reports within a five, 10 or 15-mile radius of the vehicle.
Pressing the red Emergency button gives drivers immediate access to:
• 24/7 Emergency Connection: An EMD certified Emergency Advisor is available to assist with emergencies inside and outside of the vehicle at all times. OnStar Emergency Services are used more than 10,000 times every month
• Good Samaritan Calls: An OnStar customer can use the emergency connection to report other emergencies outside the vehicle, such as road hazards, crashes or wildfires. OnStar gets more than 6,400 Good Samaritan calls every month
• Crisis Assist: In the event of a natural disaster, OnStar customers (regardless of subscription package) have access to evacuation routes, no-charge Hands-Free Calling, shelter and hospital locations and up-to-date weather information. If necessary, emergency responders can also be directed to a driver’s exact location.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.