2011 Ford Flex Titanium.
|Search for Ford Flex : 2011 on:|
• For 2011, Ford Flex adds a fourth series to the popular three-row full-size crossover with debut of Ford Flex Titanium, featuring blackout treatments to the lamps, additional unique styling interior and exterior accents, and 20-inch five-spoke painted luster nickel wheels
• HD Radio® added to available voice-activated navigation system package
• Flex Limited, Titanium add available one-touch PowerFold® and tumble third row 50/50 split fold flat bench
• Flex with EcoBoost™ available on SEL, Limited and Titanium series
Customers continue to embrace the Ford Flex for its head-turning style, segment-first technology, capability and performance. For 2009, Flex sales were up 73 percent year over year, the conquest rate is up seven points, and more than 40 awards have been collected since its debut in 2008.
New for 2011 is Flex Titanium, which differentiates the three-row full-size crossover even further with unique styling cues and content. Several new dynamic exterior colors are available, and the popular EcoBoost option returns as well.
Technology and capability in a stylish package.
The 2011 Ford Flex combines segment-first features and class-exclusive technology and capability wrapped in a distinctive design. Pushing the design even further is the all-new Flex Titanium trim series, which features several distinctive styling cues.
The Titanium series builds off the content of the high series Flex Limited with distinctive beltline molding, grille (black chrome finish), roof (black), mirror skull caps (black), liftgate (black chrome) and fog lamp bezels. Additionally, 20-inch five-spoke painted luster nickel wheels are standard on Flex Titanium.
Both Flex Limited and Flex Titanium include the available Convenience Package, ranked second only to SYNC® as the most popular option selected by Flex customers. Included in the Convenience Package are adjustable pedals with memory, memory driver’s seat, power heated mirrors and a 110-volt inverter along with the power liftgate.
Introduced in 2009, the available 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 offers power comparable to a normally aspirated V-8 engine with the fuel economy of a V-6 with its unique twin-turbocharged, direct-injection strategy. Flex with EcoBoost is available on the SEL, Limited and Titanium series. The EcoBoost engine is mated to a six-speed SelectShift Automatic™ transmission. This advanced gearbox offers the driver a choice between fully automatic operation and manual control.
With SelectShift, paddle shifters are integrated into the steering wheel spokes. Intuitive to operate, a squeeze back on either paddle will deliver an upshift, while a gentle push forward on either paddle will induce a “matched-rev” downshift. Unlike some competitive transmissions, SelectShift won’t second-guess the driver with an override shift; manual control is truly manually controlled.
All-wheel drive is optional on Flex SEL, Limited and Titanium with the standard 3.5-liter V-6. The AWD option enhances the vehicle’s capability in a variety of weather conditions and is fully automatic, using an advanced array of internal electromechanical clutches to efficiently distribute torque between front and rear wheels as needed. AWD is standard on Flex with EcoBoost.
Standard on Flex is a 3.5-liter, 24-valve variation of the award-winning Duratec® engine family. Delivering 262 horsepower at 6,250 rpm and 248 ft.-lb. of torque at 4,500 rpm, this engine has been tuned to provide brisk acceleration and smooth power delivery, plus an unsurpassed 24 mpg highway for Flex FWD. All Flex models send power through a six-speed automatic gearbox.
Technology and convenience features.
It’s not just the class-leading room for seven and myriad interior storage options that have Flex owners raving. Flex also is packed with innovative, class-leading technology solutions that seek to empower, not overpower the driver.
Standard and available features include:
• Ford SYNC with Traffic, Directions & Information leverages industry-leading voice-recognition software, integrated GPS technology and a customer’s Bluetooth®-capable mobile phone. SYNC’s new applications provide simple hands-free access to personalized traffic reports, precise turn-by-turn driving directions and up-to-date information including business listings, news, sports and weather. Available on SE; standard on SEL, Limited and Titanium.
• SIRIUS Travel Link™ combined with voice-activated navigation provides users with a suite of data services including real-time traffic (in select areas), coast-to-coast weather conditions and fuel price information for more than 120,000 gas stations in the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia. Standard on Limited and Titanium.
• Active Park Assist uses sensors on the front and rear of the vehicle, working in conjunction with Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS), to guide the vehicle into a parking space. Available with EcoBoost models.
• Pull-Drift Compensation is a software-based technology that, working with EPAS, automatically helps drivers offset vehicle pulling or drifting that can occur in steady crosswinds or on uneven roads. Standard on EcoBoost models.
• Class-exclusive refrigerated console is mounted between the second-row captain’s chairs. The available compressor-driven refrigerator can cool up to seven 12-ounce cans, four half-liter bottles or two 20-ounce bottles from room temperature to 41 degrees in a little more than two-and-a-half hours – 40 percent faster than a standard home refrigerator. Available on Limited and Titanium.
• Rear View Camera System displays area behind the vehicle on the navigation system screen when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Standard on Limited and Titanium.
Active and passive safety innovations.
The Ford Flex features an advanced structural safety system that combines octagonal front frame rails, tunnel rails and support members designed to absorb and redirect crash forces away from the passenger compartment.
Flex also uses SPACE (Side Protection And Cabin Enhancement) Architecture® to optimize side-impact occupant protection. The SPACE system integrates a hydroformed high-strength steel tube embedded in the floor that runs the width of the vehicle from B-pillar to B-pillar and along the rocker panels to form a safety cage to help protect passengers in side-impact incidents.
Also included is the Personal Safety System™, combining multiple technologies to tailor the airbag package and seat belt functions to each individual passenger and the particular accident circumstances. The system can identify variables, such as severity of the crash, weight of the individual passenger and seat belt usage to adjust airbag deployment force.
To help encourage safer teen driving, Flex features the MyKey™ system. Parents simply program the vehicle key through the message center to incorporate features such as:
• Persistent Belt-Minder® chime
• Limited top speed of 80 mph
• Traction control system that limits tire spin cannot be deactivated
• Audio system volume limited to 44 percent of maximum volume
• A speed alert chime at 45, 55 or 65 mph
• Flex safety technologies
Standard and available 2011 Ford Flex safety features include:
• Adjustable head restraints
• AdvanceTrac® with RSC (Roll Stability Control™)
• Dual front and side-impact airbags; second- and third-row Safety Canopy® with rollover sensor
• Child safety locks, rear door
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System
• Illuminated entry lighting
• Dual-stage front seat-mounted side airbags
• Front passenger sensing system
• Personal Safety System
• MyKey programmable vehicle key
• Ford Flex technology and connectivity features
Standard and available 2011 Ford Flex technology features also include:
• 12-volt powerpoints
• 110-volt inverter
• Sony-branded premium audio system with 12 speakers in 10 locations
• SIRIUS satellite radio
• SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system
• SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System
• SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad
• Voice-activated navigation system with reverse camera and HD Radio
• Reverse Sensing System
• PowerCode™ Remote Start System
• Universal garage door opener
The Ford Flex is built at Ford’s Oakville Assembly Plant in Ontario, Canada.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.