2012 Audi TT Coupe.
The Audi TT continues to define the sports coupe segment. Its iconic, bold styling sends a clear message of performance and dynamic handling, while its turbocharged engine delivers class-leading power and efficiency.
Inside, occupants are treated to an interior built with the same high quality materials found in the A8 flagship.
The Audi TT Coupe is powered by the award-winning 2.0-liter TFSI® engine for the 2012 model year. The inline-four generates 211 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque between 1,600 and 4,200 rpm. Complete with the Audi valvelift system, direct fuel injection, two balance shafts and a high compression ratio of 9.6:1, the engine contributes fuel efficiency and performance, a rarity in a true performance sports car.
Fitted with a six-speed S tronic® dual clutch transmission that also can be actuated by two paddle shifters on the steering wheel, the TT accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds before reaching a top speed of 130 mph. Audi quattro® permanent all-wheel drive ensures that grip is maximized to deliver power to the road.
The 2012 Audi TT retains the muscular proportions of the previous model year but benefits from newer design elements such as the Audi Singleframe® grille. An aggressive front bumper and larger, lower intakes that increase airflow to the engine hint at the power beneath the hood. The fog lights on the Audi TT are mounted in a set of chrome rings, and all models feature twelve LEDs at the lower edge of the headlamps to serve as daytime running lights.
The 2012 Audi TT is a classic coupe design. Viewed in profile, the Audi TT conveys a sense of esthetic design and performance much like the original introduced in 1998. In coupe form, a long, arching roofline epitomizes the classic profile of the Audi TT, while short overhangs in the front and rear lend a sporting, well-balanced stance. Larger dual tailpipes flank a matte black diffuser, and an electronically controlled spoiler deploys at 75 mph to improve downforce. Constructed using ASF® space frame technology, the TT is stiff, yet lightweight, which contributes to the sports car handling.
The Audi TT interior is driver-oriented with easy-to-read gauges and a tri-spoke, flatbottom steering wheel wrapped in fine-grain leather. The standard, ten-way adjustable front sport seats provide large, supportive bolsters with leather and Alcantara® upholstery. The coupe provides 2+2 seating with both storage and seating areas behind the front seats.
Audi Concert Radio nine-speaker stereo system with SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio and MP3 and CD capability, or the available BOSE® Sound System with AudioPilot®, provides entertainment, and a driver information system is nestled in the instrument cluster. Audi MMI® Navigation plus with Audi MMI and Audi music interface also is available.
Safety features that include crumple zones in the front and rear help direct collision energy down and away from the cabin. The TT also incorporates standard front, head and seat-mounted side impact airbags for the driver and the passenger, as well as intelligent, pre-tensioning seat belts.
• 2.0 liter TFSI turbocharged direct injection four-cylinder engine generating 211 hp at 4,300 to 6,000 rpm and 265 lb-ft of torque between 1,600 and 4,200 rpm
• Transverse-mounted engine
• Six-speed S tronic transmission
• ASF lightweight construction with extensive use of aluminum
• Available Audi magnetic ride with Sport button program, including advanced continuously adaptive suspension damping system capable of varying suspension damping automatically and continuously in response to the driving situation; incudes driver selected Sport and Normal modes
• Heated windshield washer nozzles
• Sport front seats
• Leather / Alcantara seat upholstery
• Available black or color Fine Nappa Leather Package
• Available Baseball Optic leather seats (Madras Brown in Roadster, Black in Coupe)
• Automatic headlight-range adjustment
• Available Audi MMI Navigation plus system, including real-time traffic, Audi MMI, Audi music interface, BOSE Sound System
• Electronic stability control
• ASF technology for added stability and enhanced control
• Audi backguard system with specially shaped seats to restrain occupant’s upper body and support the head at an early stage in the event of a collision
• Full complement of airbags
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.