1929 Fargo emblem. (courtesy of Allpar)
The original Fargo trucks were built in Chicago by the Fargo Motor Car Company from 1913 until 1922.
In 1928 Chrysler bought the business and created their own line of Fargo trucks.
Shortly after its creation, Chrysler bought the Dodge Brothers Company, adding Dodge and Graham Brothers badged trucks to its product line. Walter P. Chrysler was the first president of the Fargo Motor Corporation.
From then on, Fargo trucks were almost identical to the Dodges, except for trim and name, and were sold by Chrysler-Plymouth dealers. Production began in the late 1920s but U.S. sales were discontinued in the 1930s.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.