2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe.
|Search for Cadillac CTS Coupe : 2013 on:|
The Cadillac CTS Coupe is a dramatic, 2+2 rear-drive sports coupe with a design transferred virtually unchanged from the concept vehicle that inspired it.
Offered in Base, Performance and Premium Collections, all models feature a powerful and efficient 3.6L engine, rated at 318 horsepower (237 kW) and delivering an EPA-estimated 27 mpg on the highway.
The CTS Coupe has the same wheelbase as the CTS Sedan, but an overall height that is approximately two inches (51 mm) lower and an overall length that is two inches (51 mm) shorter. While it is based on the same architecture, the CTS Coupe shares only the instrument panel, console, headlamps, front fenders and grille with its Sedan sibling. Its distinctive features include:
• Classic hardtop styling, with no conventional B-pillar
• Touch-pad operation for the doors removes the need for conventional door handles, creating a technical, clean profile
• A windshield laid at a faster angle (62.3 degrees) and a long, nearly horizontal backglass area combine to create a dramatic profile
• Sculpted lower front fascia with unique brake-cooling vents
• Rear fascia with mesh lower grilles
• Center-outlet exhaust with twin dihedral-shaped tips that pass through the rear fascia
• Signature vertical lighting, highlighted with LED light pipes
• Rear spoiler integrated into the signature center high-mounted stop lamp
• Sculpted roof-mounted antenna for OnStar and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
The CTS Coupe complements a range of models and body styles that includes CTS Sedan, Wagon and the high-performance V-Series. All-wheel drive is available, along with Touring and Performance packages that enhance the appearance and sporting driving feel.
Continuous improvements have helped keep the CTS family at the top of customer consideration lists and earn critical praise. That legacy continues in 2013, as the CTS Coupe receives a new grille finish, new exterior color choices – Glacier Blue Metallic, Silver Coast Metallic and Summer Gold Metallic – and the adaptive remote vehicle starting system is now standard on all models.
CTS Touring Package and Performance Package.
The CTS Touring Package edition is available on the Premium Collection. Highlights include:
• Nineteen-inch polished aluminum wheels
• Microfiber suede-trimmed steering wheel rim and shift knob
• Sport alloy pedals
• Sport grille and V-Series center brake light
• Midnight Sapele wood trim package
• Recaro performance seats
• Available microfiber suede seat inserts in Ebony or Light Titanium.
The Performance Package is offered on the Performance Collection and is included with the Touring Package on the Premium Collection. It features:
• Nineteen-inch polished aluminum wheels and summer performance tires
• Steering wheel-mounted paddle shift controls for the automatic transmission
• Performance cooling system
• Performance suspension
• Performance brake system.
• CTS Coupe exterior features
The CTS’s distinctive shield-shaped front grille was redesigned in 2012 and is updated again for 2013 with a bright appearance on the vertical and horizontal bars that compose the grille’s frame. Models equipped with the CTS Touring Package feature a grille with dark vertical and horizontal bars.
Additional standard and available exterior features include:
• High-intensity discharge headlamps with Adaptive Forward Lighting System are standard on Performance and Premium Collections
• Halogen headlamps with windshield wiper-activated Twilight Sentinel feature are standard on the Base model
• Heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors are standard on all models
• Rainsense automatic windshield wipers are standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels with multi-coat painted finish are standard on the Base model
• Eighteen-inch aluminum high-polish wheels are standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Nineteen-inch polished aluminum wheels are available on Performance and Premium RWD models
• Exterior colors: Radiant Silver Metallic, Black Raven, Black Diamond Tricoat, Crystal Red Tintcoat, White Diamond Tricoat, Thunder Gray ChromaFlair, Opulent Blue Metallic, Glacier Blue Metallic, Silver Coast Metallic and Summer Gold Metallic.
CTS Coupe interior
The interior of the CTS Coupe emphasizes technical precision with hand-crafted details. An integrated center stack design – with a satin metallic finish – blends into the lower instrument panel that sweeps forward and away from front-seat occupants.
Available heated and ventilated seats incorporate “thin-seat” technology for maximum occupant comfort and enhanced rear-seat leg, knee and foot room. French stitching is used throughout the interior, including the upper instrument panel, door inserts, seats and the shifter boot.
Standard and available features include:
• Audio system with navigation, including AM/FM stereo, CD/DVD player, MP3 playback, Bose Surround Sound with 10 speakers, 40-gig hard drive and USB with audio connectivity is standard on Premium and available on Performance
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial service is standard on all models
• Bluetooth phone connectivity is standard on all models
• Adaptive remote vehicle start is standard on all models
• Ambient lighting package is standard on Premium and available on Performance.
• Ultrasonic rear park assist is standard on all models
• Rearview camera system is standard Performance and Premium
• Side blind zone alert is standard on Performance and Premium
• Front bucket seats with power eight-way driver and passenger adjustment and articulating head restraints are standard on all models
• Heated and cooled front seats are standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Recaro performance seats are included with Premium when equipped with the Touring Package
• Leather-trimmed steering wheel with wood trim is standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Heated steering wheel is standard on Premium and available on Performance.
• Power sunroof is available on Performance and Premium
• Wood trim packages with Sapele wood accents are standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Interior color and trim: Ebony seats with Ebony trim, Light Titanium seats with Ebony trim, Cashmere seats with Ebony trim, Ebony seats with Ebony microfiber suede inserts (Touring Package only) and Light Titanium seats with Light Titanium microfiber suede inserts (Touring Package only).
CTS Coupe powertrain.
The CTS Coupe’s 3.6L direct-injected V-6 delivers an SAE-certified 318 horsepower (237 kW). Lightweight features help reduce overall weight for greater efficiency and a more favorable front-to-rear weight balance. Examples include a composite intake manifold that saves approximately 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg) over the weight of a comparable aluminum intake and an integrated cylinder head/exhaust manifold design that saves approximately 13 pounds (6 kg) per engine.
The Hydra-Matic 6L45 six-speed automatic transmission is standard on all CTS Coupe RWD models. The Hydra-Matic 6L50 is used with AWD models.
CTS Coupe chassis and suspension.
The CTS chassis enables a great balance of performance and luxury. The hardware includes structural enhancements via a tower-to-tower brace; large, four-wheel disc brakes and a ZF steering rack. Two suspension tuning packages are available: Sport and Performance.
The Sport suspension is standard on all models and the Performance suspension is available on Performance and Premium trim levels with RWD. Its contents include 19-inch aluminum wheels and summer tires, rear load leveling and speed-sensitive variable-assist steering.
Suspension tuning for the CTS Coupe is different from Sedan and Wagon models, with specific stabilizer bar diameters and spring rates. Additional features and details include:
• An independent short/long arm (SLA) front suspension system, featuring low-mass aluminum for the upper and lower control arms, as well as the knuckles
• A multi-link rear suspension with a fully isolated subframe
• StabiliTrak electronic chassis control system is standard. It is integrated with the car’s standard four-channel • ABS with the full-function traction control, as well as the hydraulic brake assist and engine control systems
• A power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering system
• Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel ABS.
CTS Coupe safety and crash-avoidance features.
CTS Coupe is designed to enhance Cadillac’s reputation for providing safe occupant environments in luxury vehicles. Standard and available features include:
• Dual-stage driver front air bag
• Segment-first dual depth front passenger air bag
• Driver and front passenger side seat-mounted pelvic/thorax side air bags
• Roof-rail side curtain air bags with rollover protection technology that cover front and rear seating rows
• Front safety belt pretensioners
• Tire pressure monitoring system
• Body structure with strategically placed high-strength steel
• Active head restraints for front seat occupants
• Ultrasonic rear parking assist
• Side blind zone alert
• Rearview camera system.
CTS and OnStar.
One year of OnStar Directions and Connections service is standard on CTS Coupe. OnStar is the global leading provider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar’s RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new, opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
CTS Coupe features new OnStar button icons. Drivers will notice an updated look for the Hands-Free Calling button, blue OnStar button and red Emergency button.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.