2013 Ford Explorer Sport.
|Search for Ford Explorer Sport : 2013 on:|
New for 2013, Ford Explorer Sport Combines High Performance with Fuel Efficiency, Thanks to EcoBoost Power
The first high-performance Ford Explorer arrives for 2013, featuring a twin-turbocharged EcoBoost® engine producing an estimated 350 horsepower that is expected to deliver top fuel economy among gas-powered performance SUVs. Explorer Sport’s Terrain Management System™ tailors power to all four wheels for enhanced dynamics on and off the pavement. Paddle shifters offer precise control of the transmission.
Aggressive design features include 20-inch wheels and a unique grille featuring low-gloss Sterling Gray mesh with contrasting Ebony high-gloss bars to establish strong exterior cues. Explorer Sport’s interior incorporates contrasting stitching and available two-tone Charcoal Black and Sienna leather-faced seats.
Explorer Sport highlights.
• Performance tuning includes a stiffer chassis, sport-tuned electric power-assisted steering (EPAS), larger brakes and paddle-shifted six-speed SelectShift Automatic® transmission
• Terrain Management System offers settings for sand, snow, rutted mud and hill descent
• Projected fuel economy of 16 mpg city, 22 mpg highway beats gas-powered, high-performance competitors
• Latest-generation SYNC® system with MyFord Touch® features Wi-Fi® capability, text-to-voice, HD Radio™ with iTunes® Tagging and voice-activated navigation
• Two-toned leather-trimmed seats deliver unique Sport interior design elements
• Ford’s leading safety and security features, including:
- AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™)
- Safety Canopy® System, a side air curtain technology offering protection for the first and second seating rows
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- MyKey® programmable vehicle key allows parental controls on driving speed
- Hill Start Assist for more confidence on uphill grades
- Curve Control, which can slow the vehicle by up to 10 mph if it senses a curve is being taken too fast
• Type: 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost® V6
• Manufacturing location: Cleveland Engine Plant
• Configuration: 60-degree V6, aluminum block and heads
• Valverain: Four valves per cylinder, intake variable camshaft timing
• Bore and Stroke: 92.5 x 86.7 mm
• Displacement: 3,496 cc
• Horsepower: 365 @ 5,500 rpm
• 350 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
• Recommended Fuel: 87-octane unleaded/premium provides improved performance
• Recommended Oil: GF5 5W-30
• Fuel Capacity: 18.6 gallons
• Drivetrain: Four-wheel drive with Terrain Management SystemTM
• Transmission: Six-speed SelectShift Automatic® 6F55 with paddle activation
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.