2014 Jaguar XJ.
The Jaguar XJ, which debuted for 2011, brings dramatic design and a decidedly sporty driving spirit to the large luxury sedan segment, along with a nearly bespoke-level of interior luxury.
Traditional Jaguar attention to finishes combines with advanced user technology, including high-end audio systems by Meridian™.
The 2014 XJ range offers two wheelbase lengths, three different supercharged engines, and Jaguar Instinctive All Wheel Drive™. This all wheel drive system debuted in 2013 and is teamed exclusively with the 340hp 3-liter supercharged V6. An active torque-management system, Jaguar Instinctive All Wheel
Drive offers a performance-oriented rear-drive bias and can shift power to the front wheels to either pre-empt or counter wheel slip.
Coupled to the 8-speed ZF automatic transmission that was also new for 2013, the supercharged V6 delivers performance on par with the normally aspirated 5-liter V8 it replaces while offering better fuel economy. The XJ Supersport has been replaced for 2014 by the XJR models with an even higher-performance 550hp supercharged V8. All XJ engines feature Intelligent Stop/Start system for improved fuel economy.
Highlights for 2014.
• New XJR high-performance flagship model, with 550hp 5-liter supercharged V8, offered in standard and long-wheelbase models
• 340hp 3-liter supercharged V6 replaces naturally aspirated 5-liter V8 in models that used it
• 340hp supercharged V6 in rear wheel drive configuration only and 470hp supercharged V8 certified for E85 ethanol fuel
• Soft-close doors made standard on all XJ models
• Enhanced front seat massage function with 5 settings and 5 intensity levels; standalone option on some models, included in packages on others
• New soft-feel trim on instrument panel and door top in standard XJ model
• LWB models offer new optional power rear window sunblind; manual rear window sunblind continues as standard equipment on LWB models
• LWB models except XJR offer new Meridian™ 1,300-watt, 26-speaker Reference Audio system that includes three rearward-facing speakers in each front seatback; system integrates new Conversation Assist, which uses microphones to channel passengers’ voices through the audio system speakers, mixing music and speech volume accordingly, for more comfortable conversation
• New functional rear business tray tables with leather center panel are now available as optional fitment, replacing the wood tray table previously available
• New optional rear seat entertainment with 10.2-inch screens
• New optional individual reclining rear seats featuring cushion and squab movement, 3 massage settings, upper articulation, lumbar adjustment and memory. Additional optional feature include a “home return” function and full control of the front passenger seat from the rear passenger side position
• New optional control of all 4 seats positions from the touch screen, including the “home return” function for the rear seats
• Semi-aniline leather trim now offered on most models
• Revised wheel options and trim colors
• Revised Jaguar badges (applies to all 2014 Jaguar models)
US Models and MSRP. (Prices do not include $895 destination and delivery):
• XJ - 3 liter supercharged V6, 340hp, $74,200
• XJ AWD - 3 liter supercharged V6, 340hp, $77,700
• XJL Portfolio - 3 liter supercharged V6, 340hp, $81,200
• XJL Portfolio AWD - 3 liter supercharged V6, 340hp, $84,700
• XJ Supercharged - 5 liter supercharged V8, 470hp, $90,600
• XJL Supercharged - 5-liter supercharged V8, 470hp, $93,600
• XJR - 5-liter supercharged V8, 550hp, $116,000
• XJR Long Wheelbase - 5 liter supercharged V8, 550hp, $119,000
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.