2015 Mini Cooper S 5 Door.
|Search for Mini Cooper 5 Door : 2015 on:|
Second body variant of the new MINI; consistent expansion of the model program with the addition of the MINI 5 door creates new opportunities for hallmark brand driving fun; also the first time the British premium brand is represented with a five-door model in the small car segment.
Wheelbase expanded by 72 millimetres as compared to the new MINI; this makes space for three seats at the rear of the MINI 5 door with 72 millimetres more foot space and legroom, 15 millimetres more headroom and 61 millimetres more interior width at elbow height as compared to the new MINI; what is more, luggage compartment space is now at 278 litres - 67 litres more than in the 3-door model; excellent figures in the small car premium segment in terms of legroom, headroom and luggage compartment volume; rear backrest with 60 : 40 split; optional storage package including luggage compartment floor which can be locked into place at varying points.
Full application of the refined product substance of the new MINI to a second body variant; new MINI 5 door therefore demonstrates superior qualities in the areas of driving fun, efficiency, ride comfort, safety and connectivity; new generation of engines; model-specific suspension settings; high-end fittings including innovative driver assistance systems; the very latest MINI Connected facilities.
MINI 5 door with model-specific interpretation of the evolutionary exterior design advancements; characteristic brand styling and body structure combined with distinct proportions; sporty, stretched appearance due to the fact that body length is extended by 161 millimetres as compared to the new MINI to 3 982 millimetres (MINI Cooper S 5 door and MINI Cooper SD 5 door: 4 005 millimetres) with equal vehicle width and height increased by 11 millimetres; characteristic design features such as hexagonal radiator grille, headlamps and rear lights with wide chrome surround, side turn indicator element and black body bordering as in the new MINI; 13 additional exterior paint finishes to choose from, including the new MINI Yours paint finish Lapisluxury Blue: MINI Cooper 5 door, MINI Cooper S 5 door, MINI Cooper D 5 door and MINI Cooper SD 5 door with roof and exterior mirror caps in contrasting colour on request at no extra charge.
Market launch of the new MINI 5 door with six model variants (combined fuel consumption: 5.9 - 3.5 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions: 136 – 92 g/km); two petrol and two diesel engines of the new generation available with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology; MINI Cooper One 5 door with 75 kW/102 hp 3-cylinder petrol engine, MINI Cooper 5 door with 100 kW/136 hp 3-cylinder petrol engine, MINI Cooper S 5 door with 141 kW/192 hp 4-cylinder petrol engine and MINI Cooper One D 5 door with 3-cylinder diesel engine (70 kW/95 hp), MINI Cooper D 5 door with 3-cylinder diesel engine (85 kW/116 hp) and MINI Cooper SD 5 door with likewise newly developed 4-cylinder diesel engine and 125 kW/170 hp; 6-speed manual transmission as standard in all models, optionally available: 6-speed Steptronic transmission for all models except the MINI One D 5 door and 6-speed Steptronic Sport transmission for the MINI Cooper S 5 door and the MINI Cooper SD 5 door; extensive MINIMALISM technology including auto start/stop function and optional GREEN mode.
Typical MINI go-kart feeling due to model-specific set-up of the extensively refined suspension technology with single-joint spring strut front axle and multilink rear axle; maximum agility due to weight-optimised construction with a high degree of stiffness; electromechanical power steering with Servotronic function as standard; Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) as standard including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC), in the MINI Cooper S 5 door and MINI Cooper SD 5 door also with Performance Control; model-specific spring and damper set-up; Dynamic Damper Control optionally available; standard trim includes light alloy wheels in 15-inch format or 16-inch format (MINI Cooper S 5 door, MINI Cooper SD 5 door); light alloy wheels optionally available up to 18 inches.
Car set-up can be varied using optional MINI Driving Modes with rotary switch at the base of the gear or selector lever; standard setting MID mode, SPORT and GREEN mode can be activated; needs-based influence can be exercised on characteristic curve of the acceleration and steering, shift dynamics of the Steptronic transmission and Dynamic Damper Control; GREEN mode in conjunction with Steptronic transmission including coasting with decoupled drivetrain.
Weight-optimised and crash-optimised body structure; standard safety fittings include front and side airbags, side curtain airbags, 3-point automatic belts on all seats, at front with belt tensioners and belt force limiters, ISOFIX children's seat attachment at rear and optionally also on the front passenger seat, tyre pressure control and partially active engine compartment lid for optimised pedestrian protection; optimised vehicle weight; excellent acoustic and vibrational comfort; favourable aerodynamic properties.
New display and operating concept: instrument cluster on the steering column showing road speed and engine speed, colour display for vehicle status details and fuel level; central instrument with new display elements and coloured lighting configuration including LED ring for visual feedback in response to numerous functions, 4-line TFT display as standard or optional colour display up to 8.8 inches in size; operation of navigation, entertainment, telephone and vehicle functions using MINI Controller in centre console with the relevant feedback provided on the on-board computer; start/stop button at the centre of the toggle switch bar on the centre console, can be activated without key insertion; power window lifts in the door trim panels; operating panel for lights in the dashboard.
Wide range of innovative driver assistance systems: MINI Head-Up-Display, Parking Assistant, rear view camera and Driving Assistant including camera-based active cruise control, collision and pedestrian warning with initial brake function, high beam assistant and road sign detection.
Unique MINI Connected in-car infotainment program; Intelligent Emergency Call and MINI TeleServices available for use with permanently installed SIM card; wide range of functions and the opportunity for ongoing expansion due to apps that allow integration in the car via smartphone; exclusive MINI functions such as Mission Control, Dynamic Music, Driving Excitement and MINIMALISM Analyser; MINI Connected XL Journey Mate with Real Time Traffic Information; online connection also allows the use of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, foursquare and Glympse, the reception of RSS news feeds and entertainment features such as AUPEO!, Stitcher, Deezer, Audible, Napster/Rhapsody and TuneIn.
Extensive range of standard features and high-end options to enhance comfort, safety, premium characteristics and individual style such as LED headlamps including LED daytime driving light and LED rear lights, adaptive light distribution and LED turning light, LED fog lamp, lighting package with LED interior and orange-coloured ambient lighting, rain sensor with automatic driving light control, heatable windscreen, Park Distance Control, Comfort Access, electrically operated glass roof, roof rails, electrically heatable and foldable exterior mirrors, automatic anti-dazzle interior and exterior mirrors, seat heating, 2-zone automatic air conditioning; broad selection of roof and exterior mirror decorative styles, bonnet stripes, seat upholstery types and Colour Lines as well as MINI Yours offers; MINI navigations system, Professional navigation system, MINI Radio Visual Boost, Harman Kardon hi-fi speaker system, DAB tuner, DVD changer.
• MINI Cooper S 5 door: 4-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbo charging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control)
• capacity: 1 998 cc, output: 141 kW/192 hp at 4 700 – 6 000 rpm, max. torque: 280 Nm at 1 250 – 4 750 rpm
(300 Nm with over boost), acceleration (0–100 km/h): 6.9 seconds (automatic: 6.8 seconds),
• top speed: 232 km/h (230 km/h), average fuel consumption*: 6.0 – 5.9 litres (5.5 – 5.4 litres)/100 kilometres,
• CO2 emissions*: 139 – 136 g/km (128 – 125 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
• MINI Cooper 5 door: 3-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbo charging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control)
• capacity: 1 499 cc, output: 100 kW/136 hp at 4 500 – 6 000 rpm, max. torque: 220 Nm at 1 250 – 4 000 rpm
(230 Nm with over boost), acceleration (0–100 km/h): 8.2 seconds (automatic: 8.1 seconds),
• top speed: 207 km/h (207 km/h), average fuel consumption*: 4.8 – 4.7 litres (4.9 – 4.8 litres)/100 kilometres,
• CO2 emissions*: 111 – 109 g/km (114 – 111 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
• MINI One 5 door: 3-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbo charging, direct injection, variable camshaft control)
• capacity: 1 198 cc, output: 75 kW/102 hp at 4 000 rpm, max. torque: 180 Nm at 1 400 rpm,
acceleration (0–100 km/h): 10.1 seconds (automatic: 10.5 seconds)
• top speed: 192 km/h (192 km/h), average fuel consumption*: 4.9 – 4.8 litres (5.0 – 4.9 litres)/100 kilometres,
• CO2 emissions*: 114 – 112 g/km (116 – 114 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
• MINI Cooper SD 5 door: 4-cylinder diesel engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbocharger with variable turbine geometry, common rail direct injection)
• capacity: 1 955 cc, output: 125 kW/170 hp at 4 000 rpm, max. torque: 360 Nm at 1 500 – 2 750 rpm,
acceleration (0–100 km/h): 7.4 seconds (automatic: 7.3 seconds)
• top speed: 225 km/h (223 km/h), average fuel consumption*: 4.3 – 4.1 litres (4.2 – 4.1 litres)/100 kilometres,
• CO2 emissions*: 112 – 109 g/km (109 – 107 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
• MINI Cooper D 5 door: 3-cylinder diesel engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbocharger with variable turbine geometry, common rail direct injection)
• capacity: 1 496 cc, output: 85 kW/116 hp at 4 000 rpm, max. torque: 270 Nm at 1 750 rpm,
acceleration (0–100 km/h): 9.4 seconds (automatic: 9.5 seconds)
• top speed: 203 km/h (202 km/h), average fuel consumption*: 3.7 – 3.6 litres (3.9 – 3.8 litres)/100 kilometres,
• CO2 emissions*: 97 – 95 g/km (102 – 99 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
• MINI One 5 door: 3-cylinder diesel engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbocharger with variable turbine geometry, common rail direct injection)
• capacity: 1 496 cc, output: 70 kW/95 hp at 4 000 rpm, max. torque: 220 Nm at 1 500 – 2 500 rpm,
acceleration (0–100 km/h): 11.4 seconds
• top speed: 187 km/h, average fuel consumption*: 3.6 – 3.5 litres/100 kilometres,
• CO2 emissions*: 94 - 92 g/km, exhaust emission standard: EU6.
*EU test cycle figures, fuel consumption depends on the selected tyre format.
• Length: 3 982 millimetres (MINI Cooper S 5 door, MINI Cooper SD 5 door: 4 005 millimetres)
• Width: 1 727 millimetres
• Height: 1 425 millimetres
• Wheelbase: 2 567 millimeters
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.