The Michigan logo.
The Michigan was a pioneering brass era automobile built in Kalamazoo, Michigan by the Michigan Automobile Company from 1903 to 1908. It was one of the first vehicles that featured four-wheel-drive propulsion.
The men behind the company were the Fuller brothers, Charles D. and Frank D. They owned the Fuller Brothers Manufacturing Company that made washboards and other wood products. After negotiating with the Blood brothers, owners of the Kalamazoo Cycle Company and builders of the Blood cycle car, on December, 30th, 1902, they established the Michigan Automobile Company with Charles Fuller as chairman, Frank Fuller as secretary and general manager, Maurice E. Blood as treasurer, and Charles C. Blood as superintendent.
In 1905, their Touring Model E sold for $1,250 and the Touring Model D sold for $1,100, both with a 14HP motor and shown at the Chicago Auto Show.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.