Reutter Coachworks logo.
Reutter Carosserie-Werke became known for building limousine bodies during the 1920s. In 1930 they started producing bodies for the Volkswagen Beetle, and in 1949 Porsche started using their bodies for their sports cars.
When operations moved to Stuttgart, it marked the beginning of a close working relationship with the nearby Reutter coachworks - to become the main supplier of Porsche bodies for nearly two decades, before being annexed into the Porsche organization.
It didn't take discerning auto enthusiasts very long to realize that these Reutter-bodied Porsches were built to a higher standard than could be found on vehicles from most competing nameplates. Reutter's exemplary workmanship was evident in the quality of components and in overall fit-and-finish.
(source: The Auto Channel).
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.